1. Come celebrate Massachusetts Farmers Market Week in Belmont by coming to a chef's tastings at the Farmers Market at Belmont Center. Peter McCarthy, chef of EVOO restaurant in Cambridge, is scheduled for 3 p.m. and Dan Tanabat, owner of Belmont's own Pratou Thai, is scheduled for 4 p.m.
2. And at the Farmers Market – which runs from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., behind Macy's in Belmont Center – Coastal Vineyards, Coutt's Specialty Foods (jams & jellies), Stow Greenhouses (flowers), Japonaise Bakery, Well Fed Dog, and the Belmont Municipal Light Department will be there, along with all of the weekly vendors.
3. Drop-in Vinyasa-style yoga classes, taught by professional instructors, will be held this evening at 7 p.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard, and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
4. Town Clerk Ellen Cushman will be testing the town's voting equipment for the upcoming state primary election today at 3 p.m. in the Board of Registrars' conferenece room in Room 2 in Town Hall.
5. On this day a century ago in 1912, Gene Kelly, American dancer and actor, was born.