1. Remember that town offices close at 1 p.m. Just one more week of summer hours for town departments and then back to regular Friday closing hours of 4 p.m.
2. Looking for good entertainment in films, music and books? Then head over to the to take out one of the hundreds of movies on DVDs, music on CDs and even books that come on a library e-reader. But remember it closes at 5 p.m. today and open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is closed on Sundays.
3. Friday morning walks at 9:30 a.m. have resume. Join a friendly group of people for a gentle walk around the neighborhood.
4. at 404 Trapelo Rd. offers a great opportunity for anyone who's interested in getting started in beading. At 11:30 a.m., the store is offering a free beginner beader class. Learn the difference between different beads, stringing materials, findings, etc. And of course, learn how to crimp.
5. On this day in 1814, British troops invade Washington, D.C. and during the Burning of Washington, the White House is set ablaze, though not burned to the ground; as well as several other buildings. But thanks to First Lady Dolley Madison, many historic documents and the famous painting Stuart painting of Washington were saved.