1. Michael Prager, a former editor from the Boston Globe, will be speaking to the about how he overcame obesity in his book, "Fat Boy, Thin Man" today at 8 a.m. in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library.
2. Go crazy and wear your pj's to the library! The 's Jane Gray Dustan Children's Room is open until 8 p.m. on Tuesdays so why not take advantage of the extended summer hours to have a pajama story hour beginning at 7 p.m. in the library's Flett Room – that's across the hall from the Children's Room. The stories are recommended for three year old and up. Wear your pajamas and bring a favorite stuffed friend!
3. Calling all Moms, Dads, grandparents, caregivers and kids! Come meet other families in the community at the 's Tuesday Morning Connection Time at 10 a.m. The town's all volunteer library, the Benton Library opens every Tuesday morning at 10 am.
4. Head over to the 's Assembly Room at 12 p.m. for Noon Movies for Children. This week's "big shoes" include:
• Mysterious Tadpole
• Caterpillar and the Polliwog
• Mouse and the Motorcycle
5. On this day in 1974, Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1,368 feet in the air. The event was made into the 2008 Academy Award-winning documentary "Man on Wire."