1. The is hold its annual book fair from Noon to 6 p.m. in the school's gymnasium. This year's fair – which is the school's biggest fundraiser of the year, features a wide range of new and popular book titles that will appeal to children of all ages. For each book you purchase, a percentage of the sale goes directly towards funding new books for the Burbank school library.
During the book fair, children will have the opportunity to take part in lots of arts and crafts activities. At 3 p.m, a magician will entertain the crowd with magic tricks and juggling feats.
2. Good old-time Family Game Night returns to the from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Come and play or come to browse and borrow. The Benton is located at 75 Oakley Road, at the corner of Oakley and Old Middlesex roads.
3. Playtime, a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers where both children and adults can meet new friends, will be held in the Assembly Room of the Belmont Public Library from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Call 617-993-2880 with any questions.
4. Learn more about Tai Chi, a type of internal Chinese martial art practiced for both its defense training and its health benefits, at the , The class is open to everyone in the community. Call for times.
5. at 404 Trapelo Rd. is now offers a great opportunity for anyone who's interested in getting started in beading. Today at 11:30a.m., the store is offering a free beginner beader class. Learn the difference between different beads, stringing materials, findings, etc. And of course, learn how to crimp.