1. Looking for that unique holiday gift? Then head over to the Belmont Gallery of Art's annual Small Works Holiday Show and Sale. With all works priced below $200, the Show gives shoppers the opportunity to purchase an original piece of art for themselves or as a gift, while helping to support local artists. All work presented in the show is available for sale with items taken at the time of purchase. The gallery is open today as well as next Thursday, Dec. 20, and this and next Friday (Dec. 14 and Dec. 21) 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The gallery is open on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Belmont Against Racism is holding its monthly meeting in the Staff Room at the Belmont Public Library from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. BAR promotes dialogue, awareness, and understanding about prejudice and celebrates diversity in Belmont. Meetings are open to the public.
3. There is a lot going on for residents through Belmont's Recreation Department. There is public skating at the Viglirolo Rink from 11:30 a.m. to 1:45 a.m., tonight is Family Night/Open Gym at the Wenner Field House at Belmont High School from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., lap swimming for all ages at the High School's swimming pool from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. and adult lap swimming from 9 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. Call the Rec Department at 617-993-2760 for more information.
4. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers where they can enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for the littlest patrons of the Belmont Public Library. From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Flett Room.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.