1. What better way to catch the holiday season vibe then by attending the Belmont High School Winter Concert which gets underway at 7 p.m. in the High School auditorium. Bands, orchestras and singers galore will be in the spotlight. It's better than hanging around the television on a Wednesday night.
2. The Belmont Council on Aging is sponsoring a trip to the Burlington Mall today. It is limited to 16 passengers and is first-come, first-served. It will depart the Beech Street Center at 9:30 a.m. and pick-up at the mall will be 1:30 p.m.
3. Belmont High School hockey teams are on home ice for the first time this season as Wakefield High comes calling. The Girls' game starts at 5 p.m. and the Boys' at 7 p.m. at the Viglirolo Rink across from the Underwood Pool on Concord Avenue. And if swimming is your thing, the Boys' swimming team takes on an always strong Andover High School team in the Wenner Field House at 4 p.m.
4. Do you have a Lego collection that’s no longer being used? The Belmont Public Library is starting a Lego Club for children in Kindergarten to second grade and are seeking donations of gently-used Legos of all colors, sizes and shapes. If you have any questions, please stop by the Children’s Room or call 617-993-2880.
5. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.