1. They'll be a morning of Fun Nature and Animal Stories at the Benton Library, Belmont's independent volunteer-run library. Reading (for 3 to 5 year olds) and colorful crafts will begin at 10:30 am. Sit with the library staff and learn, listen and be silly. No registration is required. The library will be open today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
3. The Belmont Public Library has the Morningstar Mutual Fund newsletter online. The publisher is retiring the print version of the publication at the end of this month, but you will still be able to find the Morningstar ratings, fund reports, and other financial information and analysis for free online via the Library's website. To find out how to log in to the Morningstar Investment Research Center, read how.
4. The Beech Street Center's popular exercise programs on Friday include Gentle Aerobics and Core Workouts. Call 617-993-2970 for more information on participating.
5. Today is Holy Innocents' Day – commemorating the massacre of the innocents by King Herod in an attempt to kill the newborn Jesus – celebrated by the Church of England, the Lutheran and the Roman Catholic churches. In Spain and Latin America, it's a day full of children playing pranks and causing harmless mischief.