2. The Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator Thomas Kale are hosting the second Precinct meeting so Town Meeting representatives and the public can hear an overview of potential capital projects and other issues facing the town in the coming year. Tonight from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Beech Street Center, residents from precincts 3, 5, 7 and 8 should attend.
2. Podiatrist Dr. Richard Vallon visits the Beech Street Center at 1 p.m. to discuss common foot problems including nail discoloration and the care of your feet and how to prevent falls.
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Belmont's Benton Library Pre-School Story Time begins at 10:30 a.m. for children ages 2 1/2 to 5. This event features stories, word plays, and other activities. Siblings are welcome; parents or caretakers must be in attendance throughout the session. Registration is not required.
5. The Council on Aging's social work intern, Rita Shah, will run a two-session reminiscence group beginning today from Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to noon at the Beech Street Center. Reminiscence allows anyone to relive events from our past and relive the experiences that are personal to themseleves in a way that is vivid and engaging.