1. The Burbank Elementary School is holding its annual book fair from noon to 6 p.m. in the Burbank School gymnasium. This year's fair features a wide range of new and popular book titles that will appeal to children of all ages. During the book fair, students will have the opportunity to take part in arts and crafts activities. At 3:15 p.m., Awesome Robb will entertain the crowd with absurd magic tricks and crazy juggling antics. For each book purchased, a percentage of the sale goes directly towards funding new books for the Burbank School library.
2. It's Friday Night at the Benton Library. Belmont's volunteer-run independent library will be open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Take a leisurely look at the library including the latest New York Times best sellers, use our Wi-Fi or take out a board game. The Benton Library is open one Friday evening every month.
3. Playtime is a drop-in, informal playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers that meets in the Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. It's where both children and adults can meet new friends. Call the Children's Room at 617-993-2880 with any questions.
4. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. The Studio Cinema's marque has still not been repaired so what's playing at Belmont's single screen movie theater? It's the movie that's getting a great deal of Academy Award buzz, "The Sessions." It's the story of a man confined to an iron lung (John Hawkes of "Winter's Bone") who is determined at 38 to lose his virginity with the help of a professional sex surrogate (Helen Hunt). It shows at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. with an extra 4:30 p.m. show on today and Saturday.