1. Remember that today, Tuesday, is actually "Monday" in the world of on-street trash pick-up as a result of the Washington's Birthday holiday. So everyone who automatically drags their barrels and cans to the sidewalk (snowbank) today, don't. You have an extra day.
2. We gave you a heads up last week about this cool event and now it's here: Build a Walkalong Glider with Belmont expert Phil Rossoni, author of the book, "Build and Pilot Your Own Walkalong Gliders" in the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Participants fly their creations using their hands or cardboard. Sign-up is required so call 617-993-2870, or stop by the Children's Room at the Library to see if there is any room left.
3. At 10:30 a.m., the Benton Library at the corner of Oakley and Old Middlesex roads is having a Pre-School Story Time Vacation Week Pajama Session. Bring a blanket and stay for some cozy stories and activities for children just under three to five years old and their siblings. Parents and caregivers must attend the entire session. Registration is not required.
4. Mass Audubon Habitat’s Barbara Bates will give a presentation on "Winter Wildlife Tales," in the Beech Street Center at 1:15 P.M. Join Bates for tales of local wildlife told through their tracks and other signs they leave behind. Winter snows provide the perfect canvas to capture animal activity.
5. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.