1. The reason the Belmont School District is known throughout New England for its outstanding music education program is due to the dedication of its instructors and some talented and enthusiastic students. Tonight, you will have the opportunity to hear from these musicians as Belmont High School presents its annual A Cappella Concert at 7 p.m. in the Belmont High School auditorium. It's free and well worth going to hear.
2. Powers Music School's Music on Mondays Concert Series continues with pianist and faculty member I-Hsuan Cheng performing the work of Claude Debussy, Isaac Albéniz, and Robert Schumann in the school's newly renovated Betsy Washburn Cabot room at 7 p.m. And it's free.
3. State Sen. Will Brownsberger will be holding office hours from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library. All are welcome to visit with Brownsberger to discuss issues, ask for help in dealing with state agencies, or talk about any other topic of concern.
4. The Belmont Public Library is competing with the libraries in Arlington, Lexington, and Somerville in a Library Card Sign-Up competition. These public libraries are competing to see who has the largest increase in new library cards issued during the month of February, as compared to Feb. 2012. Belmont will give away prizes for new signees, culminating in the grand prize of an e-book reader. Sign up for a new card online, bring proof of address to the library and get a card today!
5. On this date in 2004, Facebook is founded by Harvard's Mark Zuckerberg. Welcome to social media.