1. Musician David Polansky returns to the Beech Street Center at 1:15 p.m. Using keyboard, trumpet and vocals, Polansky brings alive the music of George M. Cohan, Irving Berlin, Fats Waller, George Gershwin and many others from the 1890s to the 1970s. He really does sound like Louis Armstrong! David will enthrall you and answer your questions. Experience some pure musical enjoyment that intersects with American history. And it's free.
3. Belmont High School Boys Basketball is playing host to Winchester High School at Belmont's Wenner Field House. The action takes place at 7 p.m.
4. Storytime at the Benton Library of the New Year begins at 10:30 a.m. There will be word plays, stories and activities for children ages 2 years, 9 months to 5 years. Parents or caregivers must be present for the entire session. Younger siblings may attend with their parents. The library will be open today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
5. It's Storytime at the Belmont Public Library: Story time for 2's and 3's, songs and movement are part of the story time experience for children ages 2 and 3, will be held at the Belmont Public Library's Children's Room. The fun begins at 9:30 a.m. and then again (for you late risers) from 10:30 a.m. Storycraft for 4's, 5's, and 6's will be held at 3:15 p.m.
5. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.