1. The all-important Halloween weather forecast: While rainy during the morning, expect partly cloudy skies with only a 20 percent chance of precipitation with temperatures in the mid- and low-50s. Sunset arrives at 5:39 p.m.
2. The Cushing Square Business Association will hold its annual Halloween in Cushing Square celebration beginning at 3 p.m. and lasting until 6 p.m. A great time for kids and the business owners.
3. The Children's Room of the Belmont Public Library is holding a Halloween program for children with Karen K and the Jitterbugs beginning at 10:30 a.m. in the downstairs Assembly Room. Come in costume and get ready to be scared (well, just a little bit spooked.)
4. Heads Up: The Beech Street Center is holding two trips to the Cambridge Center for Adult Education, the first taking place tomorrow, Nov. 1. The Center's van leaves at 10 a.m. at sharp, with a return pickup at 2:30 p.m.
5. Belmont public schools are back in session after the two day "Sandy" break. And what better way to get back into the swing of things then to start on a scheduled early release day for the entire Belmont School District. Below are the times for the schools.
• Burbank, Butler and Wellington: 1:40 p.m.
1/2 Day Kindergarten: 11:55 a.m.
• Winn Brook: 1:50 p.m.
1/2 Day Kindergarten: 12:05 p.m.
• Chenery Middle School: 1:15 p.m.
• Belmont High School: 1:25 a.m.