1. Don't let them fool you; all Belmont Public Schools are open! Get 'em up and out the door.
2. The Benton Library Book Group will be meeting between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. to discuss the first book of 2013; “The Body in the Gazebo” by New Englander Katherine Hall Page. Newcomers are welcome even if they have not read the book. The book group meets on the first Wednesday of every month at Belmont's independent, volunteer-run library.
3. The Belmont Garden Club is holding its board meeting from 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room. The Belmont Garden Club pursues a variety of projects to help beautify the Town of Belmont and support its residents. For more information, see www.belmontgardenclub.info
4. Hockey at the Viglirolo: Belmont High School hockey teams take on their Winchester High School counterparts tonight: the girls' face the 4-1 Sachems at 5 p.m. and the boys' take on the undefeated (2-0-2) Winchester at 7:30 p.m. Don't forget to stop into Mr. Madden's Snack Bar where you can grab a hot chocolate in the nation's coldest indoor rink.
5. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.