1. Don't just sing in the shower! Parents of any Belmont Public School student are invited to join the Parent/Teacher Chorus. Led by Winn Brook's Music Specialist, Christine Servilio, rehearsals are from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday nights starting Jan. 8 and only going to Feb. 12. It's a very finite rehearsal schedule but while the commitment is small, the result is huge.
2. It's another Friday morning filled with Fun Nature & Animal Stories at the Benton Library. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod leds the reading and craft activities – they'll be making sunshine today – for children between 3 and 5
years old. So come join the Benton Library staff and learn, listen and be silly! Registration is not required but parents and/or caregivers must attend.
3. The Belmont High School Boy's Swimming team will be hosting Winchester High at the pool in the Wenner Field House at Belmont High at 4 p.m. Come out to see the competition as well as sit someplace that is warm and humid.
4. We are back at the Benton Library as Belmont's independent community library will be open late tonight from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for families to read together and play games while allowing adults to sit and read some of the New York Times bestsellers they have on-hand or use the library's WiFi connection.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.