1. The will be accepting donations for the this week. Drop them off at the Market Manager's tent under the blue awning.
• Juice, especially large sizes.
• Toiletries like shampoo, soap, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, tissues.
• Laundry detergent.
• Staples like oil, sugar, flour, rice, coffee, tea.
• Condiments like ketchup, jam and syrup.
Market day brings occasional vendors Westport Winery, Turkey Brook poultry, Pat-O's Pickles, Buttergirl Baking, Soluna teas & herbs and Belmont Municipal Light Dep't, along with all of the regular weekly vendors. And this week's entertainment is 15-year-old Watertown magician Ryan Lally who will perform from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
2. The Dahlias, a group of Music Together teachers who have formed their own band, will be singing and dance in the Assembly Room of the beginning at 10:30 a.m.
3. Starting today and repeating every third Thursday of the month, the Council on Aging invites local physical therapist Ed Quinn to the to provide free consultations on questions related to problems with daily activities. Residents must make a reservation by calling 617-993-2970 and state the nature of the issue they would like addressed.
4. A meeting of the Elizabeth Warren for Senate campaign will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library.
5. A creative writing workshop for aspiring Middle Schoolers authors in grades 5 through 8 is underway. The five session series is taught by Yetti Frankel, on July 12, 17, 19 and 24 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Belmont Public Library. This program is supported in part by a grant from the . For more information, or to sign up, please call the Children’s Room at 617-993-2880.