1. Teen Tech Tutors continue to help residents decipher their gadgets or online sites from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Young Adults Room of the . students will work with library patrons in one-on-one meetings on topics including Facebook, email, Ebooks, and general computer help. Call 617-993-2870 and please indicate which topic you would like to have covered.
2. Haven’t been to the yet? Come for a guided tour today at 1 p.m. at 266 Beech St. Learn about the programs, classes, events and Belmont's best kept secret: the modern gym inside the Center.
3. School begins in just about six weeks: do you know what your children are reading? All Belmont pubilc school students are to read over the summer in preparation for the start of the new school year and teachers have selected books for the Summer Reading List to interest students and to enrich their literary background. and area bookstores will receive copies of these lists which are online at the Belmont School's website and on Belmont Patch.
4. Got a new digital camera but want to know how to use it? The has two classes: “Get the most out of your digital camera,” and “Photoshop Elements for Digital Photos.” with instructor David Ching on Mondays and Wednesdays by appointment. Call 617-993-2970 for an appointment for either of these tutorials. For computer and digital photography tutoring, recommended donations to the Belmont Council on Aging of $10 are gratefully accepted.
5. On this day in 1904, the ice cream cone was created by Charles E. Menches during Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St. Louis. Head over to and to celebrate.