1. The presents Boston’s premier U2 cover band, The Joshua Tree. The band covers all phases of U2’s career from their first album to the more recent. A special thank you to Cambridge Savings Bank for sponsoring this event.
2. Yoga for children will be held from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Assembly Room of the. Your little ones can exercise their mind and move their body with a teacher from My First Yoga.
3. The is hosting an talk on learning how to prevent falls and be safe at home at 1 p.m. at the Beech Street Center. Presented by Make It Safe, speakers will talk about detecting common hazards and how to correct
them at an affordable price.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. On this day in 1956, just 45 miles south of Nantucket, the Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.