1. Rock out at the return of the Belmont Band Bash today at 3 p.m. either outside at the Underwood Pool next to the or at the Lunch Room if it is a bit wet outside – those are electric guitars, you know. They'll be gift certificates and stuff to eat so head over and hear High School bands like "Costly Climbing" and "Odd One Out." Sponsored by the Belmont Public Library & Belmont Police Department D.A.R.E.
2. The Earthtunes will be giving a concert for the community at 6:30 p.m. in recognition by the state for the school's Green Team efforts this school year. The show is free and open to the public. It will either be held on the front lawn of the school or in the gymnasium if it's rainy. Bring redeemable bottles and cans for recycling to support the school's transition from styrofoam trays to reusable ones.
3. This is the last day to pre-register for a Father's Day tradition in Belmont: the 11th Annual Brendan's Home Run 5k walk & run. The race will be held this coming Sunday, June 17, at the Belmont High School track with the walk at 9:30 a.m. and the road race begins at 10 a.m. So save $5 and register today at this website.
4. The Belmont Demoratic Town Committee is holding its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the where candidates for the Governor's Council will be talking about the upcoming election.
5. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.