1. It's your last chance to buy your favorite espresso drinks at the for a while: the store closes today at 5 p.m. to undergo renovations and won't reopen until July 3.
2. It's Market Day in Belmont as the award-winning will be open from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. behind Macy's in Belmont Center. Today's vendors include the initial visit from the pickle man – Pat-O's Pickles – Westport Rivers Vineyard and Winery, Soluna Garden Farm, Belmont's own Janique's madeleines, rain barrel sales and ButterGirl Baking Co which was featured in a story recently in a big Boston newspaper (which rhymes with "strobe".) Violinists Coleen Bennett and Jocelyn Milton will perform at 3 p.m. Colleen is a Belmont violin teacher and Jocelyn is one of her students.
3. The will be having a training session for book shelvers from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Young Adults Room at the Belmont Public Library. It is a great summer volunteer opportunity with flexible scheduling and no sweating. It is one of the most important tasks in any library.
4. Drop-in Vinyasa-style yoga classes, taught by professional instructors, will be held this evening at 7 p.m. at the , 582 Pleasant St. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard, and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Center. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. It will be Arkansas in August in Belmont today as it's going to be another scorcher – in the mid-90s and humid – so take precautions if you need to be outside during the worse of it from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: stay hydrated, get out of the sun and cool off. The library is open until 9 p.m., the Beech Street Center is open until 5 p.m., some stores such as Starbucks in Cushing Square and Dunkin' Donuts on Trapelo Road stay open late and the Studio Cinema is a nice change of pace. In addition, the Fire Department headquarters on Trapelo Road has a community room that you can stay in.