1. It is the first full day of Spring and the third and final Early Release Wednesday for elementary school students. The scheduled school day is:
• Burbank: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
• Butler: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.
• Wellington: 8:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. (1/2 Day Kindergarten: 8:40 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.)
• Winn Brook: 8:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. (1/2 Day Kindergarten: 8:50 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.)
2. Thanks to the Belmont Savings Bank, there will be a free Early Release matinee at at 1 p.m. The movie will be “Dolphin Tale.” Free popcorn, as well. Parents will need to accompany the kids.
3. The Belmont Book Discussion Group will discuss "The Great Fire," by Shirley Hazzard in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library beginning at 3 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend. Copies can be requested through the library catalog at www.belmont.lib.ma.us or call the library’s Reference staff for assistance at 617-993-2870.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. The Foundation for Belmont Education's online auction continues until March 25. What's up for bid? How about two private instruction session at Belmont Center's Every Body Pilates: leading bid right now is $125 for a service valued at $150. Go online to get into the game.