1. The Foundation for Belmont Education's annual Spring Dinner, Dance and Auction was a huge success but don't forget to check out the FBE’s online auction at Online Auction. It doesn't close until Sunday, March 24 at 10 p.m. Some great items still up for bid including restaurant gift certificates and services from business around Belmont.
2. Here's a new program for you and your toddler: Baby signing with Rebekah Hand will take place between 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. in the Flett Room (across from the Children's Room) at the Belmont Public Library. Sign-up is required for this children's program so make a quick stop by the Children's Room or call 617-993-2880 to sign up.
3. It's another Friday morning filled with Fun Nature & Animal Stories at the Benton Library. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., Denise Patnod leds the reading and craft activities for children between 3 and 5 years old. So come join the Benton Library staff and learn, listen and be silly! Registration is not required but parents and/or caregivers must attend.
4. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St. in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
5. On this day in 1765, the British Parliament passes the Stamp Act that introduces a tax to be levied directly on its American colonies. The decision led to the first direct acts of rebellion by citizens of Boston.