1. The is hosting a townwide Health and Wellness Fair 2012 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Everyone is welcome to this free event.
Services being offered at the fair include blood pressure, O2, and heart rate screening by Visiting Nurses and Community Health; oral cancer screenings by Scali Dental; chair massage by Essentials Body Works, and body fat and flexibility tests by Fitness Together. In addition, Calvin Chin and Susan Barbado will be offering demonstrations of their popular exercise classes.
Come visit with more than 15 local and national health and wellness service professionals, facilities, and organizations. Guests include the Parkinson’s Disease Association, Quinn Physical Therapy, McLean Hospital, Mount Auburn Hospital-Lifeline and Belmont Optometrists.
2. It's Kindergarten Parent Information Night for those families attending the Wellington and Butler Elementary. A general information and orientation program for all parents of incoming kindergarten students:
• Butler School: 7 p.m.
• Wellington School: 7 p.m.
3. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the , 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
4. Pre-school Story Time is being held in the , Belmont's only independent, volunteer-run library, at 10:30 a.m. This popular 45-minute program is geared to children ages 3, 4 and 5. Parents and caregivers must be present during the program. Sign up is not required.
5. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the . For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.