1. While located in Watertown, Conley's Pub & Grille – Belmont's unofficial watering hole – is owned by Belmont resident Stephen Conley who is a big supporter of the reconstruction of the Butler playground. So much so that on every Monday in May, he is taking 15 percent from your bill and donating that amount to the Butler Playground Fund. In addition, items will be raffled off each night, including a Conley’s gift certificate.
2. The Board of Selectmen is meeting tonight so it will be setting aside time for public comment on any issues related to the town. You likely will not get an answer there on-the-spot, but the board does get back to every question. Head over to the Selectmen's Room on the second floor of from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
3. It is the final week of the spring sports season: Belmont High School Baseball takes on Lexington at Brandan Grant and Girls' tennis host Woburn at the tennis courts, both contests beginning at 3:30 p.m.
4. Music & Movement with Ruby is an hour-long movement and music program for three to five year olds but two year olds can join in on the fun. It begins at 10:30 a.m. in the downstairs Assembly Room in the Belmont Public Library.
5. This day in history: In 1927, the "Lone Eagle" Charles Lindbergh touches down his plane, "The Spirit of St. Louis," at Le Bourget Field in Paris, completing the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.