1. The opening reception for the Belmont Gallery of Art third biannual all-Belmont juried show, “02478: Memory” featuring the work of 41 local artists, takes place between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the Gallery Hall located on the fourth floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall complex. All events are free and open to the public.
The artists participating in the show interpreted its theme of “memory” in ways unique to each of them; the pieces in the show depict influences from the personal to the political. A variety of techniques and media were used in creating the works, including painting, printmaking, sculpture and photography.
2. Belmont Boys' Soccer team travels up Route 2 to take on three time defending Div. II North champions Concord-Carlisle High in Concord at 4 p.m. in an opening round MIAA playoff match. It's so easy to get to the venue: take Route 2 out to Concord and rather than taking the left to Walden Pond, take the right turn instead and the High School is to the right.
3. Learn more about estate planning at a free informational seminar with attorney Dale Tamburro from 10 a.m. to noon in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library.
4. At 10:30 a.m., the Benton Library – the town's all volunteer library – is hosting Friday Morning Story Time for children 3 through 5 led by Denise Patnod. Parents or caregivers must be in attendance. Registration is not required. The library is open every Friday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
5. Yoga, taught by professional instructors, is being held this morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. at the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St, in Gardiner Hall, at the back of the church. $10. All levels welcome just bring your own mat if you can. $6 per child for child care. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.