Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The Library Friends Author Series presents Belmont resident and Boston Globe reporter Sally Jacobs to discuss her first book, "The Other Barack: The Bold and Reckless Life of President Obama's Father," at 7:30 p.m. in the Assembly Room at the . Jacobs specializes in political reporting and has written profiles of Joan Kennedy, Michelle Obama, and Pat Patrick, Deval Patrick's father. The talk is free and copies of "The Other Barack" will be available for sale and signing. The talk is sponsored by the
2. The second of five public meetings on 's proposal to build a new $50 - $60 million 115 kV Transmission station in Belmont. The fun starts at 7:30 p.m. at the, 95 Washington St.
3. Drop-in Vinyasa-style yoga classes, taught by professional instructors, will be held this evening at 7 p.m. at the , 582 Pleasant St. All levels welcome. Please bring your own mat. Free parking on Pleasant, Leonard, and in the Claflin Street Parking Lot behind Belmont Cener. The positioning will take place in Gardner Hall, at the back of the church – enter the hall from Alexander Street entrance. $10 for the session. All proceeds benefit Plymouth Nursery School.
4. Infant Lapsit Storytime is for infants and pre-walkers where they can enjoy songs, finger plays, and rhymes chosen especially for the littlest patrons of the . From 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Flett Room.
5. Want to forget about this cold rainy day? Spend some time between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. with the arts at the on the top floor of the Homer Building in the Town Hall Complex. The Gallery is showing "See You, See Me" on the art of portraits using a variety of media from drawing and painting to photography and prints as well as mixed media and fiber.