1. It is a half a day for all students in the Belmont School District. Expect your youngsters back home just after 11 a.m. which is earlier that the early-release days.
2. The Benton Library, Belmont's independently-run library, is open from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. today. The library will be open for regular hours, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23.
3. If you are thinking about borrowing a book or a movie for that long trip to grandmother's house, remember the Belmont Public Library will be closed beginning at 5 p.m. today through Friday, Nov. 23 for Thanksgiving. It will reopen on Saturday, Nov 24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beech Street Center at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. Here are some tips for safe traveling this Thanksgiving from the Red Cross. A good one is to stop frequently while driving and rotate drivers – an extra few minutes rest is needed for long trips – and while traveling by air, rail or bus, it's flu season so wash your hands and touch nothing at airports and terminals!