Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch feature that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Have an idea for an upcoming "Five Things?" Let us know in the comments section.
1. Today is . Belmont is one of 111 communities in Massachusetts and 6,000 worldwide where children, parents, school and community officials will walk, bike and hike to bring attention to the creation of safe routes for students to take each day to their schools.
2. The Board is meeting from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Assembly Room of the . The Garden Club pursues a variety of projects to help beautify Belmont and support its residents. Come by or go to the Club's website for more information.
3. Storytime for 1's is for walkers and toddlers under 24 months where they can hear simple stories and nursery rhymes, sing songs, do some finger plays and see puppets. From 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Flett Room of the .
4. It's early release Wednesday for and here is the schedule:
• Burbank, Butler, Wellington: 1:40 p.m.
• Winn Brook: 1:50 p.m.
• Chenery Middle School: 1:15 p.m.
• Belmont High School: 1:25 p.m.
5. Come and participate in a free Longevitology Meditation Session every Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the located at the corner of Old Middlesex and Oakley roads. Enjoy simple energy adjustments, similar to complementary and alternative medicine.