1. The Beech Street Center will be holding a free seminar for all Belmont residents called "Start Planning for Medicare: Countdown to 65" at 5:30 p.m. at the Center.
The seminar will answer questions such as:
• What happens to your insurance if you retire younger than 65 or work past 65?
• What does Medicare cover?
• What are Medicare Supplement plans?
Offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the presentation is intended for those approaching Medicare eligibility and includes an explanation of Medicare-related plans and how they work, an explanation of the health plan options available before a person is eligible for Medicare. All are welcome regardless of type of insurance.
2. Belmont's Benton Library Pre-School Story Time is back beginning at 10:30 a.m. For children ages 2 1/2 to 5, this event features stories, word plays, and other activities. Siblings are welcome; parents or caretakers must be in attendance throughout the session. Registration is not required.
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
5. Undefeated since their opening game, the 4-1-3 Belmont High School Boys' Soccer team will host Wilmington High under the lights at Harris Field at 6 p.m.