1. The Minutemen are coming! And they're all young women from Lexington and the contests they have today with Belmont couldn't be bigger. There's a double header on Harris field as Belmont Girls' Soccer seeks their 10th win and the right to host a home playoff game if they can get by Lexington which starts at 3:45 p.m. But it's the nightcap that holds the most drama as Belmont Field Hockey needs a win against the 10-win Minutemen to secure a post-season slot. That game gets underway at 6:45 p.m. Then there is Belmont Girls' Swimming which can clinch the Middlesex League title for the first time since water was created with a victory vs. the Minutemen at the pool in Wenner Field House. The meet begins at 4 p.m.
2. Amy Spangler, the second finalist to be the next Wellington Elementary principal, will be at the Wellington Elementary School's Community Room conducting staff and public interviews at 3 p.m. and will be part of a community forum at 7 p.m.
3. Discover Mount Auburn Cemetery. Leave the Beech Street Center at 9:30 a.m. for a 90 minutes tour of this National Historic Landmark, one of the country’s most significant designed landscapes where the arts of horticulture,
architecture, and sculpture combine with the beauty of nature to create a place of comfort and inspiration. This one hour and a half long bus tour will focus on the notable landmarks and residents of Mount Auburn while highlighting the colorful fall foliage. Several stops will be made so that we can explore areas of interest on foot (optional). Timed to coincide with leaf-peeping! Led by the Mt. Auburn Staff; the cost is $10.
4. Storytime for 1's is for walkers and toddlers under 24 months who get to share simple stories, songs, finger plays, nursery rhymes and puppets. The fun starts at 10:30 a.m. in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room at the Belmont Public Library.
5. It's Wednesday and so is the scheduled early release day for the entire Belmont School District. Below are the times for the schools.
• Burbank, Butler and Wellington: 1:40 p.m.
1/2 Day Kindergarten: 11:55 a.m.
• Winn Brook: 1:50 p.m.
1/2 Day Kindergarten: 12:05 p.m.
• Chenery Middle School: 1:15 p.m.
• Belmont High School: 1:25 a.m.