1. It’s a hurricane: The National Weather Service says so, with sustained winds of over 40 miles an hour with gusts greater than 60 this afternoon and into the early night. The wind and rain is not expected to let up until just before 6 a.m. Tuesday.
2. There’s no school – the decision was made at 5 p.m. yesterday to declare today a “Hurricane Day” - so please don’t drop off your kids at the school’s front door: it will be a windy education on their part.
3. But unlike the other, more predictable weather event, there is no declared parking restrictions on town streets as there is with snow emergencies. That means there is a town-wide parking ban in effect: Don’t park your vehicle along the road or in municipal lots: it will be towed.
4. Town offices and the library have been shut down. So bill paying will have to wait.
5. If you have a question or are seeking some answers about the town’s storm response, call the town’s emergency number: 617-993- 2698.