Five Things You Need to Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Today is Wednesday (yes, it is Wednesday) which means it's an early release for all schools. Here's the schedule:
• , and : 1:40 p.m.
• : 1:50 p.m.
• : 1:15 p.m.
• And it's an early release day for the students; they'll be getting out at 10:30 a.m.
2. Come and participate in a free Longevitology Meditation Session every Wednesday evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the located at the corner of Old Middlesex and Oakley roads. Enjoy simple energy adjustments, similar to complementary and alternative medicine. All members, friends and families are welcome.
3. It's Sing-along with Julie, a sing-along program for children, in the Children's Room of the beginning at 10:30 a.m.
4. The Duplicate Bridge Club meets from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the at 266 Beech St. Every Wednesday the club holds American Contact Bridge League-sanctioned games. All are welcome to play. Cost is $5. Phone: 339-223-6484 for more information.
5. This Day in History
In 1741, George Frideric Handel completes his oratorio 'Messiah.'
In 1814, the poem 'Defence of Fort McHenry' is written by Francis Scott Key. The poem is later used as the lyrics of 'The Star-Spangled Banner.'