1. State Sen. 's Chief of Staff Barbara Miranda will be holding office hours from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Claflin Room of the Belmont Public Library. Stop by to discuss any issues or concerns or just to chat. If you would like to speak with Brownsberger directly, call him at 617-771-8274.
2 The PTA is hosting its annual Fall Picnic at the Butler School field from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring a blanket and picnic dinner or order a pizza. And don't worry about dessert: there will be free popsicles. All parents joining the PTA before or at the picnic will be entered in a raffle that includes prizes such as:
• Cocktail Party/Cooking Class in your home for up to six people – choose a menu, invite some friends, and have some fun! Donated by gourmet cook and Butler mom Deanna Witter. Valued at $250!
• $150 gift card toward a Karate Birthday Party at Tokyo Joe’s.
• Gift Certificates to Ohlin’s Bakery and Moozy’s Ice Cream.
Winners will be drawn at 7:30 p.m.
3. Rubi's back! Music & Movement with Rubi, a movement and music program, will be held in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 10:30 p.m. to noon at the . The show is recommended for 3 to 5 year olds but 2s are welcome.
4. National Grid will be working on its infrastructure along 280 to 344 Brighton St. between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be parking restrictions during certain portions of this work that will be coordinated by the Contractor and the . Questions about the project will be addressed by Victor Santana, the Manger of Community & Customer Management, at 781-907-2205.
5. Girls' Volleyball will be getting their blocks set and spikes in against Wakefield High at Belmont High School's Wenner Field House beginning at 4 p.m.