1. Music & Movement with Rubi, a movement and music program, will happen from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Belmont Public Library's Assembly Room. This is rrecommended for ages 3 to 5 but 2 year olds are welcome.
2. National Grid will be working on the infrastructure at 280 to 344 Brighton Street in Belmont, work will generally be performed between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be parking restrictions during certain portions of this work.
3. The Belmont Council on Aging will be holding a Discover the Arnold Arboretum trip on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The tour will leave the Beech Street Center at 9:30 a.m. to visit the 265 acre preserve in Boston. The Arboretum’s collection of trees, shrubs,and woody vines is recognized as one of the most comprehensive and best documented in the world. John Vercellone has organized a van trip (no walking) to the Arboretum guided by Arboretum Staff. The cost is only $10. Limited to 16 participants. Please bring in your check when registering. Call (617) 993-2970 to register.
4. Got a Lower School student at the Chenery Middle School? Between Sept. 12 and Sept. 25, each fifth and sixth grade teacher will be scheduling a brief “Meet & Greet” opportunity during the beginning of the day.
5. On this day 150 years ago today, the Battle of Antietam, the bloodiest day in American history, is fought in Sharpsburg, Maryland. There were t 23,000 casualties on both sides after a day of fighting.