1. The Benton Library, Belmont's independent and volunteer run library, will be holding its Pre-school Story Time at 10:30 a.m. which concentrates on the interests of children ages three, four and five. New visitors are welcome. Sign up is not required. Parents and/or caregivers must be present.
2. A big early season game for the Belmont Girls' Soccer team as powerhouse and top-10 ranked Winchester High which comes to Belmont High School Harris Field after dismantling Reading this past Thursday 6-1. Bring the raincoats for this 6 p.m. starter.
3. Story times for children ages 2 and 3, in which songs and movement are part of the story time experience, will take place for early risers at 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then again from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Held across the hallway from the Children's Room in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library. For children aged four to five, Story craft for 4's and 5's will begin with a story followed by a simple craft. The storytelling will take place in the Flett Room across from the Children's Room from 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
4. Drop-in yoga classes, taught by professional instructors in the Vinyasa style – flowing with the breath – will be held in Gardner Hall (enter via Alexander Street) of the Plymouth Congregational Church, 582 Pleasant St., beginning at 9:15 a.m. All levels welcome. Bring your own mat. Childcare is available for $6 per child with a $12 family maximum. There is also free parking on Pleasant and Leonard streets and behind Macy's. All proceeds benefit the Plymouth Nursery School.
5. On this day 65 years ago, in 1947, the United States Air Force becomes an independent branch of the United States armed forces.