With the recent span of hot weather, residents may find themselves thinking this is a good time to replace the old air conditioner.
And when considering that purchase, residents should also realize they can save money on their electric bill.
customers can get a credit on their electric bill by purchasing qualified ENERGY STAR® appliance.
ENERGY STAR® is a label on appliances that identifies energy-efficient products which meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, saving both energy and
money without sacrificing performance – one solution to energy supply and cost concerns.
Buy selecting ENERGY STAR® appliances assists the Light Department in lowering energy consumption.
The rebate is good for purchases through Dec. 31, 2012, or while rebate funds are available for this year’s program. It should take 6-8 weeks for the credit to appear on your electric bill.
The 2012 ENERGY STAR® Appliance Program includes the following rebates and appliances:
• $100 Refrigerator 15.0 cu. ft or larger (with proof of Belmont DPW vendor disposal)
• $100 Central air conditioner with a SEER rating greater than 14
• $75 Room air conditioner (with proof of Belmont DPW or vendor disposal)
• $50 Clothes washer (both top-loading and front-loading)
• $50 Dishwasher
• $25 Room air conditioner (with no proof of disposal)
• $25 Dehumidifier
For additional information about the BMLD Appliance Rebate Program, call BMLD at 617-993-2800.