Pot on the flame Aug. 20 – At 11:11 a.m., the entire complement of the Belmont Fire Department was sent to a multifamily building across Trapelo Road from the Beaver Brook sprinklers for a possible fire. And there was one in apartment 4; just that it was one that was confined to a cooking pot. The crews helped ventilate the unit.
Tell me if you heard this before Aug. 21 – Just a few minutes before 8 a.m., Engine 1 took off to Harding Avenue for a reported gas main leak on the street. When they arrived, a Belmont building department representative was on the scene and told the fire personnel that a contractors struck a gas line while replacing sewer line. This is the second time in about a week that a gas line has been cut. National
Grid was notified and responded. The leak was stopped and surrounding homes were inspected with no readings
registered. National Grid stayed around to do the repairs.
Blaze in the barrel Aug. 22 – At 10:22 p.m. (or 22:22) crews were dispatched to a location on Waverley Street across from the Town Field for an outside
rubbish fire in a trash can.