Steam heat Oct. 6 – Just before half past 5 p.m., Engines 1 and 2, the Ladder truck and the Rescue vehicle rushed off to Rockmont Road as someone saw smoke coming from the building. Upon further investigation, it turned out the smoke was actually steam coming out of the dryer vent.
All's well that ends well Oct. 9 – Just after 5:30 p.m., Engine 1 and Rescue 1 were sent to a Slade Street residence after an medical emergency alarm went off. Here is the incident report verbatim: "The home health care worker was trying to get into the home. The resident did not hear
her or was slow getting to the door. Either way, all was well."
Fire spread to trees near commuter tracks Oct. 12 – At a quarter 'til 1 p.m., Engine 2 was dispatched to Concord Avenue in Belmont Center for a reported outside fire. Firefighters discovered that a tree, situated in close proximity to a utility pole
and a short distance from the commuter rail tracks, was on fire at its base.
Fire crews extinguishing several pieces of what appeared to be cardboard around the tree on the ground with an extinguisher. In the process of extinguishing the fire, the crew noticed flames had spread up the the tree trunk and onto branches directly behind a utility pole and transformers. In addition, the wind was causing smoke to billow across the commuter rail tracks. Because firefighters were close to the tracks, the MBTA told its commuter rail engineers to be careful traveling around the site. A fire investigation is now underway.