Belmont Police is about to keep a careful eye on certain streets in the name of safety.
After receiving numerous complaints from concerned citizens about traffic hazards and areas of concern since the beginning of the year, the 's Traffic Division will begin targeting 11 specific areas for increased traffic enforcement over the next few weeks.
The 11 incude:
• Crosswalk violations at the intersection of Belmont and Worcester streets.
• Stop sign violations at the intersection of Betts and Dalton roads.
• Speeding on Baker Street.
• Speeding on Goden Street between School Street and Concord Avenue.
• Stop sign violations at the intersection of Mill Street and Concord Avenue.
• Crosswalk violations at the intersection of Cross Street and Alexander Avenue.
• Speeding on Concord Ave. between Mill and Pleasant streets.
• Crosswalk violations at the intersection of Lexington and Sycamore streets during school hours.
• Speeding on Waverley Street.
• Stop sign violations at the intersection of Trapelo and Waverley, and Trapelo and White.
If you have traffic concerns, please email Sgt. Ben Mailhot.
If you have any community policing or quality of life issues, please email Lt. Christopher Donahue.