Hot political campaign
April 1 – At 5:34 a.m., Engine 1 and a command car were sent to 200 Trapelo Rd. for a political sign going up in smoke. The cardboard election sign for a candidate running for town-wide office, located on the grassy strip of land between the sidewalk and the road, was almost completely burned by the blaze. A one oz. bottle of Purel hand sanitizer and several discarded cigarettes found within a one foot circle of fire location. Fire appears to have been intentionally set. The Engine 1 crew used a Class A extinguisher to soak the area with water. The fire was contained to area of origin, immediate area surrounding the residence was checked and no other fire was noted. At the request of command the fire investigation unit was notified. One oz. bottle of Purel removed as evidence and secured in the shift commander's office.
Cook for how long?
April 3 – At 8:17 p.m., two engines, the ladder truck and the rescue unit were sent to a multifamily dwelling on Trapelo Road after an alarm inside the complex went off. Upon arrival, Engine 1 investigated and found that someone left their food cooking on the stove a bit too long. The area was ventilated and the alarm system reset.
April 4 – At 4:05 p.m., Engine 2 and a command car were sent to Common and School streets for a reported outside fire. On arrival, they found a smoldering fire in the bushes on the property of St. Joseph's Parish. The fire was extinguished and overhauled by Engine 2.
Gas down below
April 7 – At 12:36 p.m., Engine 1 and a command car responded to a two-family on Beech Street for a carbon monoxide alarm going off. The Engine 1 crew found an odor of natural gas in the basement. National Grid, which supplies the gas, was notified and responded to the scene. Gas to the first floor heating unit was shut off and second floor heating unit was also shut down. The dwellings were ventilated and National Grid was left to handle the scene.
Went to get the marshmallows
April 7 – At 10:46 p.m., Engine 2 and another command car responded to the Hills Crossing area near Brighton Street for a reported outside fire. Fire personnel discovered an unattended campfire in the woods behind 53 Hill
Rd. Engine 2 extinguished the fire. No one was found in the area.