.

Fire Log: Child Stuck on Upland Road

Incidents and emergencies handled by the Belmont Fire Department.

Pit fire out

Aug. 14 – At 12:32 a.m., Engine 2 was dispatched to a Selwyn Road location for the report of smoke in the area. Companies checked the street and found a recently extinguished fire pit at a residency on Payson Terrace.

Car hits house

Aug. 14 – At 3:22 p.m., Engine 1 was dispatched to a Charles Street home after it was hit by a car. Firefighters determined that the vehicle had damaged only the foundation and referred the matter to the town's building inspector. 

Batteries not energizing

Aug. 15 – At 11:17 a.m., fire units were dispatched to a home on Channing Road for multiple alarms going off. Apparently, the homeowner activated her "Lifeline" personal alarm when two of her smoke detectors began sounding. With no smoke or fire detected, firefighters discovered that the battery levels in two combination and one single smoke detectors were running down and setting off the alarms. A fourth smoke detector in the house was not working. All the batteries were replaced in the detectors courtesy of the Fire Department. 

"What's down there?"

Aug 17 – At 9:34 a.m., units were dispatched to a driveway on Upland Road for a boy stuck in a car. Apparently, the child was trying to retrieve something from underneath the passengers front seat. In do so, he got his arm caught between the seat and the seat adjustment bar and just couldn't get loose. With minor manipulation of the seat using a small pry bar, the child's arm was freed by firefighters. There was no need for the EMS.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something