Irene call, number 1
Aug. 28 – At 10:16 a.m., Engine 1 and a command car were dispatched to a Williow Street address to investigate the reported tree fire. Captain DeMarco received a call from the homeowner stating that a power line was causing the tree to smoke and catch fire. High winds from the storm were causing a tree and a power line to rub against each other. Smoke and a burning odor were noted. Belmont Municipal Light Department arrived on scene and companies remained until the incident was mitigated.
Irene call, part 2
Aug 28 – At 11:41 a.m., Engine 2, and a command car were dispatched to a Claflin Street single family to investigate the report of a tree down into a house. Fire department personnel found a tree resting on the side of home. None of the occupants were injuried.
Irene call, part 3
Aug. 28 – At 11:57 a.m., fire department personnel were sent to Stanley Street where a large tree fell on the house and went through the roof. The tree was also causing the pole on the opposite side of street to bend and stress in the direction of the home. The Light Department and Building Inspector were notified. The people inside the house refused to leave the structure after being advised to do so by both Fire and Building departments.
Needed: a good cleaning
Aug. 29 – At 10:13 a.m., fire department personnel were dispatched to Watson Road to investigate an odor of creosote coming from a downdraft in the chimney. The homeowner was advised to have the chimney cleaned and have a ventilation specialist check out the home for the possibility of a fresh air intake to the home.
Outdoor gas leak
Aug. 29 – At 11:13 p.m., fire personnel were sent to Francis Street to investigate an odor of gas in the area. National Grid was notified.
Small brush fire
Sept. 1 – At 6:45 a.m., Engine 1 was dispatched to the intersection of Alma and Bartlett avenue for a possible brush fire. On arrival, a smoldering area of mulch was discovered. Engine 1 extinguished the blaze with a water can.
Gas leak on Goden
Sept. 3 – At 6:59 p.m., fire trucks were dispatched to the intersection of Goden and Orchard streets for an outdoor gas leak.