.

Transformer Fire Puts Out Fourth's Lights

Several hundred customers celebrate July 4th in the dark for an hour.

Several hundred customers of the Belmont Municipal Light Department lost power the July 4th afternoon when a transformer caught fire at 5:25 p.m. on Oxford Street. 

The resulting outage was not created by too much demand of electricity as temperatures reached the high 80s with high humidity.

Belmont Engine 2 arrived to find the fire had self extinguished and was smoldering. The Harvard Lawn neighborhood was the most impacted.

The Municipal Light Department requested and responded to the scene. Within the hour, power was restored for residents to jump start their air conditioning. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »