Belmont residents who are considering running for political office or Town Meeting in next year's town elections have until St. Valentine's Day week to submit their paperwork, some citizens are out in front in getting their names on the April 2 ballot.
School Committee member Dan Scharfman has submitted his nominiation papers for re-election to the School Committee while Mark Carthy has taken out papers for another term on the Board of Library Trustees.
While he has not taken out papers, current Board of Selectmen's Chairman Mark Paolillo has announced that he will be seeking re-election to the board.
The town-wide elected positions up for grabs this year include:
• Moderator, one for one year.
• Board of Selectmen, one for three years.
• Board of Assessors, one for three years.
• Board of Cemetery Commissioners, one for three years.
• Board of Health, one for three years.
• Housing Authority, one for five years.
• School Committee, two members for two years.
• Town Clerk, one for three years.
• Trustees of the Public Library, two members for three years terms.
Questions on running for town-wide office or Town Meeting, call the Town Clerk’s office at 617-993-2600 or send an email to email@example.com