Sometime today, the is sending off a U.S. Postal Service posting containing the official Warrant including the 19 articles that will be debated at this year's annual Town Meeting.
This year's warrant is lighter than it has for the past several years with most of the articles are by nature financial and will be held over until the Town Meeting reconvenes on May 14 to be debated.
The mailing consists of the following documents, in preparation for the yearly gathering of the town's legislative body that begins on Monday, April 23, at 7 p.m. in the 's auditorium:
- Letter from the Board of Selectmen.
- Invitation to the Warrant Briefing co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters and the Warrant Committee.
- Moderator’s Message on Town Meeting Procedures. (two pages)
- Table of Contents for the Warrant.
- Warrant for the Annual Town Meeting. (13 pages)
- Motions for the articles of the first session of Town Meeting. (two pages)
- Letter of report of the Capital Budget Committee.
- Belmont’s Demolition Delay By-Law from the Historic District Commission. (two pages)
The entire contents of the package being sent to Town Meeting members is contained in the pdf file located on this webpage.
The Belmont League of Women Voters and the town's Warrant Committee will be holding a informational meeting on the warrant on Thursday, April 19 at 7 p.m. in the Beech Street Center.