What is your vision for cable television in Belmont for the next ten years?
In preparation for the franchise renewal process of the current Comcast Cable TV franchise agreement that is set to expire in October, the town and the Belmont Media Center are joining to host focus group sessions.
These sessions will provide an opportunity for residents to learn about 1). the franchise renewal process and 2). provide their feedback about future cable TV services, community media and technology services.
Individuals who are interested in attending one of focus group sessions are urged to register by visiting the Belmont Media Center website or by calling 617-484-2443.See the Public Service Announcement on the focus groups from Belmont Media Center's Executive Director Jeff Hansell.
Each focus group will last about two hours and refreshments will be provided. The focus groups are organized to encourage people of like interests to attend the same meeting to facilitate brainstorming, but anyone may attend any of the focus groups on the dates listed below.
In addition, every person who attends a Focus Group will receive:
- A free car wash from Belmont Car Wash,
- Two tickets to the Studio Cinema and
- Donut and Coffee from Ohlin's Bakery
Also, all focus group attendees will be entered into one of four drawings for a
$50 Gift Certificate to a Belmont restaurant.
FOCUS GROUP SCHEDULE
- Local Government: Administration, department heads, staff, elected officials and other members of the public. Tuesday Jan. 28, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Arts, Cultural, Media and Heritage Organizations: Staff, boards, volunteers and patrons. Tuesday January 28th, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Beech Street Center, 266 Beech St.
- Education: Pre-K-12 and Post-Secondary Education; Teachers, administrators, staff, parents and students. Wed. Jan. 29, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Belmont Gallery of Art, Homer Municipal Building, 19 Moore St., 3rd floor)
- Community, Non-Profit, Civic and Faith-Based Groups and Organizations: Staff, boards, volunteers and clients. Wed. Jan. 29, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Belmont Gallery of Art, Homer Municipal Building, 19 Moore St., 3rd Floor)
For more information or to register for one of the sessions listed above visit the Belmont Media Center website or call 617-484-2443.