A huge "thank you" from the Belmont High School Girls' Ice Hockey team for all the support from our fans this season.
The highlights from the 16-win season includes:
• Taking and from the number-one team in the state, Woburn.
• A pair of last-second goals against Woburn and to escape with ties.
• Beating two state top-10 teams and an undefeated squad – Woburn, and – in as many games.
• An eight-game winning streak.
• A 12-2 home record.
• Having one of the most potent offenses in the state (90 goals, nearly four goals a game) led by its first line of junior Alexandra Cellucci and seniors Erin O'Donovan and Caroline McCarthy.
• Four shutouts by junior goaltender Megan Foley and her stellar defense.
• Finishing the season ranked 6th across all divisions in the state by The Boston Globe.
• Winning a pair of tournament games including in Belmont and in the quarterfinals.
• Playing in the state Division 2 semi-finals.
The team – led by head coach Mark Haley and his assistants Rebecca and Nick Sama, Bob Tarpey and Bob Shea – includes (with seniors in bold): Ani Somers, Pauline Ayer, Erin McLaughlin, Madison Bailey, Maddie Mesard, Frances Mooney, Jessamyn Biette, Casey Shea, Becca Moore, Catherine Noone, Erin O'Donovan, Yvonne Sciascia, Casey McLaughlin (asst. captain), Courtney Winn, Alexandra Cellucci, Caroline McCarthy (captain), Suzanne Noone, Christy Moore, Britta Marden (captain), Shannon Reynolds (asst. captain), Kendal Brown and Megan Foley.