The Boston Red Sox and Belmont will have two things in common this year; both will be marking centennial celebrations – the Red Sox' Fenway Park and Belmont's Underwood Pool – and they will be joining together for a week in August.
The Red Sox Baseball Summer Camp is coming to the Belmont Hill School for the week of Aug. 6 – Aug. 10, offering boys and girls, 5 to 13, of all abilities the ultimate Major League camp experience.
The camp, which will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – there will be before and after care available – will not just provide kids with unrivaled on-field instruction and games, during the week participants will enjoy exclusive access and privileges including:
• player visits and autographs,
• an exclusive all-access VIP tour of Fenway Park,
• an official Red Sox uniform,
• time with Wally the Green Monster,
• a closing awards ceremony and on-field recognition prior to a Boston Red Sox home game during Boston Red Sox Camp Family Reunion Night.
In addition, Boston Red Sox Camps and New Balance will create a scholarship program that will send asignificant number of underprivileged youth to the camps throughout the summer.
For more information, visit the website http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/fan_forum/baseball_academy.jsp.