W. L. Chenery Middle School
Considered one of the best middle schools in the state, Chenery Middle School is an important part of the learning experience in the public school system. Lead by Principal Kristen St George, the school places an emphasis on frequent reading, communication and critical thinking.
The school's eight graders have shown impressive scores in state assessment tests. 96 percent of Chenery students scored proficient or better in English as compared to 78 percent statewide.
- Fax: 617-993-5806
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:55am - 2:15pm; extended days end at 6pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp provides access to the building.
- Number of students: 1,184
- Male-to-female ratio: 46:54
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 79
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school provides open space and its building to the community.
- Grade levels: Lower school: Fifth and sixth grades; Upper school, seventh and eight grades.
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Math team, Cheetahzine magazine, Best Buddies, student council, theater workshop, music, marching band
- Student clubs: Courtyard Club, Yearbook
- Sports teams: Intramural sports