Monday, October 31, 2011
Father-in-law to leader of church in Watertown; house is used as the parsonage.
A funeral service will be held Wednesday for Awadis Bamoukian, the 85-year-old man killed last Wednesday, Oct. 26, in a two-alarm fire on School Street that destroyed a room above the garage of a parsonage owned by a Watertown church. Bamoukian was the father-in-law of Rev. Avedis Boynerian, the pastor of Armenian Memorial Church located on Bigelow Avenue in Watertown. Town records show the house at 443 School St. is owned by the church and is being used as its parsonage. Bamoukian is the father of Arpi Boynerian, the pastor's wife, Ani Salbashian and her huband Dikran of Jordan, and Sona Kazenji and her husband Simon of Dubai. Funeral service will be held at the Armenian Memorial Church, 32 Bigelow Ave., Watertown on Nov. 2 at noon.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Fire cause limited fire and smoke damage.
A resident who was rescued by Belmont firefighters from a two-alarm fire at 443 School St. Wednesday night, Oct. 26, was pronounced dead last night at Mount Auburn Hospital, according to Belmont Assistant Fire Cheif Angus Davison. Belmont Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Angus Davison told Belmont Patch at the scene that the resident was found by fire department personnel in an adjacent bathroom to the room where the fire was located above the house's garage. According to Belmont Police Lt. Richard Santangelo, three BPD officers arrived to find black smoke coming from the second floor and a neighbor spraying the home with a garden hose. A resident of the home told the officers her disabled father was trapped in a second floor bedroom. …
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Condition unknown of elderly man taken to hospital; only injury in fire limited to single room.
An elderly resident was taken to nearby Mount Auburn Hospital after being rescued by Belmont firefighters from a two-alarm fire at 443 School St. Belmont Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Angus Davison told Belmont Patch that the resident was found by fire department personnel in an adjacent bathroom to the room where the fire was located above the house's garage. According to scanner reports and an eyewitness, firefighters extracted the victim and performed CPR on him in the front lawn of the residence. Davison said he did not know the man's condition. Davison said Belmont Fire was informed of the fire by the Massachusetts State Police at approximately 8:15 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they found family members outside the house …